Ski Holidays – The benefit of first-hand experience
When you book a ski resort holiday, it really helps to be dealing with someone who skis themselves. They know all the things you need to cover – and they might also have some advice about things you hadn’t considered.
At Your Perfect Escape, we have Chris, our very own in-house ski expert. We also have real experience of going on a ski holiday as a large family group. It puts us in an ideal position to help you plan everything.
Exactly what kind of slopes are you looking for? How lively or quiet would you like the resort to be? Do you need advice regarding equipment – and how about lessons?
Those are the essentials, but our experience has taught us there is more to consider. It is a great advantage to know some things BEFORE you arrive at your resort – because this can save you a lot of time.
As part of your skiing or snowboarding holiday from Your Perfect Escape, we will:
- – Identify where your accommodation is located in relation to the main resort gondolas. If needed, we’ll also find out about ski buses, shuttles and taxis to get you there and back each day.
- – Find out where you will be getting your skis, snowboards and boots from if you are hiring them.
- – Let you know about the availability of ski lockers in the resort and on the slopes.
- – Recommend where you can store your skis, snowboards and boots so you don’t have to carry them all the way from your accommodation and back every day.
- – Assess the number of blue, red and black runs and ensure they match the capabilities of your party. We’re also aware that slopes preferred by skiers don’t always suit boarders, and vice versa.
Should any of your party need lessons, be they as part of a group or as a private lesson, we will also look into availability for you.
One thing we do recommend is booking a morning outbound flight if at all possible. This will give you plenty of time on the first day to collect any hired equipment, find storage and get your bearings in the resort.
Also, does one of your party not ski? How will they occupy themselves during the day? We can find resorts where there is plenty to do for those not using the slopes.
Are you feeling the itch to go yet? Please give us a call – our skier Chris will be happy to go through your options. Whether you’re an experienced skier or boarder, or looking forward to your first time on the slopes, we’ll make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Look at our SPECIAL OFFERS